Windows Phone allows you to remote install apps which can be extremely helpful when you want to help yourself from a PC or you want to install Skype or any other app on your parent’s phone.
To begin with, we will need to set up the phone to accept such feature.
- Navigate to settings.
- Tap on “find my phone”.
- Check the option “Send apps to my phone using push notifications (not SMS).
If this option is not checked the Windows Phone portal will try to send the app location through SMS where the user has to click the address and download it manually. Remember that the SMS service is not available in all the markets as of today.
Now that your phone is ready to accept remote app installations, follow the below steps from any device.
- Navigate to http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/overview from the browser.
- Sign in to the portal using the same Microsoft account used in the phone. (So, if you are helping somebody, then you will need to use their account to login).
- If the account has more than one phone configured, then select the right device on the top right menu which says “My Phone”.
- Search and navigate to the app / game which you want to install.
- Click “buy” from the app.
If the phone has proper internet connection, then the download should start within seconds.