This how to will help you use your windows phone as a PowerPoint presentation remote. And its time to say good-bye to your presentation mouse or presenter.
So what do you need.
- Windows 7+ (with Bluetooth hardware available in your PC).
- Office 2013 (Office RT is not yet supported).
- Windows Phone 8
First you will need to download the “Office Remote” app from the store. Once you have installed the app in your phone, launch the app and click the button “send me the link”, if you need to send the installation instructions sent to yourself or your can follow rest of the article.
The next step is to install the utility to support the remote in your PC. You can download the same from here.
Once you have installed the same, you will need to pair your phone with your PC. If you need help in pairing, then you can follow this how to or this. If you have already paired your phone jump to the “setup” section.
You can also navigate to the Bluetooth settings by clicking the “continue” button and then clicking “My PC isn’t here”.
Now that we have installed and configured all we need, lets turn on the feature in PowerPoint.
- Launch the PowerPoint.
- Select the presentation which you want to present.
- Select the “Office Remote” tab and then turn it on.
- Launch the Office Remote app in your phone
- Select your PC from the listed Bluetooth devices you have paired.
- Once it is connected, you will see your presentation under the documents.
- Select the presentation to launch.
- You will see the notes on your phone of every slide on display.
- You can replicate a click by tap and left and right using swipe left and right.
- You can also use laser icon, to point the laser on the presentation or any other item you are presenting on your screen.