Edge allows sites to launch their corresponding app when navigated to. When you browse sites like facebook, groove music, etc., it can prompt Edge to launch the corresponding content in the app. While some find this good, it could be annoying for some. The good news is that you can turn off sites from opening in app or even configure which sites to allow.
- Launch Edge.
- Navigate to its settings by expanding the ellipsis on menu bar.
- Tap on “View advanced settings”.
- Turn off “Open sites in app.
- If you are interested in turning this off only for few sites, then you could do so by tapping on “Choose which sites open in apps”.
- The Apps for websites setting will open up.
- Turn off / on sites based on your need.