Windows 10 comes with a Phone Companion app which helps you sync photos and videos for android phones and iPhone. However, for windows phone, it tells you that you are all set and the sync happens automatically. And that’s true when you have “auto-upload” set up on your phone camera. If you are one of those who doesn’t use auto-upload, then the Phone Companion is of no use to you.
The perfect app for this cause is “Microsoft Photos”. The app can be downloaded from the store at https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9wzdncrfjbh4
- Download the app in your PC; most PC comes with the app already installed.
- Connect your phone with PC using the USB cable and unlock the phone.
- Launch the “Microsoft Photos” app.
- At the top right of the app you will find the “Import” button; tap on the button.
- If you have more than one removable storage connected to your PC, you will get a pop up to select a device.
- Once the app finds the device it has to import from, it will pop up a window with the new photos / videos to import along with the already imported photos / videos if any.
- Tap on the photo to clear the selection if you don’t want to import any specific photos / videos to be imported.
- Press “Continue”.
- The app will now pop up with an option to change the import location and also an option to delete the original photos /videos from the phone.
- Press “Import”.
You can also set up auto-sync of your photos / videos whenever you connect your phone to PC.
- Launch the settings in your PC.
- Search for “AutoPlay” and launch.
- Look for your Phone’s name in the setting page.
- Select “Import photos and videos (Photos)” option.