In continuation from the last series, in this “how to” we will discuss how to share file via bluetooth to a PC from your windows phone.
You will need to pair your phone with the PC before you try to share any file. You can also pair your phone with the PC as mentioned in the earlier how to. However, here we will discuss an alternate way of doing it from the phone. Always remember that this is a one time setting unless you remove the device from either your phone or PC.
- Navigate to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound in your PC.
- Key in “Bluetooth” in the Search box at the top right corner.
- You will find “Change Bluetooth settings” appear under “Devices and Printers”.
- Click on the link.
- A Bluetooth setting window will appear.
- Check the box which says “Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer”.
- Click “Apply”.
- Navigate to Settings in your windows phone.
- Tap on Bluetooth.
- Switch on the Bluetooth if it is not already switched on.
- Your PC will appear in the list of devices found.
- Tap on the PC name.
- You will get a confirmation on the phone with the PIN displayed.
- Click “ok”.
- At the same time you will get a notification on your PC. Click on the notification.
- A confirmation box with the same PIN as the one in the phone will appear on the screen.
- Click “Yes” to confirm.
Once the pairing is complete, you may now un-check the option to “Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer”.
- Navigate to any file you want to share, be it a picture or a song or a video in your phone.
- Tap on the ellipsis. Alternatively you can tap and hold on the file.
- Tap on the share menu.
- Tap on “Bluetooth”.
- A page with the list of connected devices will appear.
- Tap on the PC name.
- You will now see a notification in your PC on file sharing.
- Click on the notification.
- You will see a window with options on what to do with the file. (This might differ from PC manufacture to manufacturer).
- Click on the any option you are willing to do.
- Your file will now start transferring.
- Once the transfer is complete, a notification will appear confirming the transfer along with the saved location.
This how to was requested by Rishi.