Often when you are at the work place’s network you will need to set proxy to WiFi network in order to be connected to internet. There are few steps involved in windows phone for you to set up the same.
- Navigate to settings.
- Tap on Wi-Fi.
- If you are not connected already, connect to the network by tapping on the network listed.
- Once you are connected to the network you will see the status below the network name as “connected”.
- Now tap on the network connection which will open the settings page of the network.
- Slide on the “Proxy” button.
- Key in the proxy server url / name and the port.
- Tap on the apply menu.
Now you will be connected to your network via proxy.
Update: Currently Windows Phone 8 doesn’t support proxy authentication. The Proxy has to be open.