Windows apps / games support up to 10 devices by default (unless a specific app demands for lesser amount of devices). Its not rare that you come across an error that says “It looks like you’ve reached your device limit for installing apps and games from the Store on your Windows 10 device” and you are using less than 10 devices.
There are 2 reasons this error may appear.
- You do have more than 10 devices using the same account. The limit is put so that you don’t buy the app once and use it across lot of devices. Reach out to Microsoft Support if you need more help.
- You have lesser than 10 devices however, you may have formatted / reset any device earlier. Or you may no more use certain devices.
If you are using under 10 devices and yet you get the error follow the below steps.
- Visit https://account.microsoft.com/devices/content and login with the same Microsoft account you have associated with the device.
- Under “Manage your download devices”, you will see the list of devices you have ever used.
- If there is a device you don’t use anymore, you can remove it by clicking Remove.
- Be sure to check the “App last installed” date if you have multiple devices with the same name.