I am not a fan of having multiple apps / steps to do the same thing. Windows 10, does a pretty good job in merging Skype with messaging.
In this how to, we will see how to merge Skype with text messages so that you can send and receive messages at one place.
- Navigate to Messaging.
- Tap on the ellipsis at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on “Skype setup”.
- You will need to set up your phone number, so that Skype can send the message as SMS incase you are not online while receiving messages.
- Once you are verified through the automated verification system, you will be taken to the Skype settings.
- Choose to either use your address book or you can choose to add your friends manually.
- Choose whether you want notifications on incoming messages / calls.
- At the bottom you will see a button “Make this Skype default”; tapping on this will make “Messaging” your default Skype app.
- This is applicable only if you have installed “Skype” app.
- If you need to message someone on Skype from Messaging, just change the mode from the top right corner.
Note: This feature is available only in Windows 10.