Windows phone 8.1 brings notification dashboard aka “Action Center” to life. With this feature, you will be also able to customize and personalize notifications for apps individually.
- Navigate to settings (You can navigate by swiping down from top to open the action center and then tap “All Settings”.
- Tap on “notifications + actions”.
- You will see all the apps which supports notifications at the bottom.
- Tap on the app which you want to customize.
- “Show in action center” defines if the notification is displayed in the action center aka notification dashboard.
- “Show notification banner” will define if you want to see a toast notification when the notification arrives.
- “Notification sound” will allow you to personalize the sound you want to hear specific for the app.
- “Vibrate” will define if you want your phone to vibrate when a notification for the app is received.